Top 5 Reasons You Should Hire A Wedding Planner
Photo Credit: Camille Leigh Photography
Planning a wedding can be a load of fun especially if it's your own, but once you start to realize just how many factors you have to consider before you walk down the aisle, you might soon find yourself giving in to the stress. Here are 5 reasons why hiring a wedding planner is the right choice.
1. The right contacts. Once you start to think about all of the little details of your wedding, you will soon start to wonder, "who do I talk to for these kinds of services?". Those table centerpieces, the invitations, the linens and the photographer -- where exactly do you find it all? While YOU might not have the slightest clue who to talk to about all of the little details, wedding planners do. Hiring one could save you the stress of searching the internet for hours on end.
2. Past experience. If this is your first wedding, you probably don't know much about the planning process. What should you do first on that long list of things to accomplish? Because wedding planners have extensive experience in the process of planning weddings, you can be sure that every step is finished at the soonest possible time, without any of the essentials overlooked.
3. An eye for detail. Not sure what florals and decor to choose? On the fence about the caterer and the menu? Feeling iffy about the wedding cake design? No problem. Your wedding planner knows exactly how to provide guidance with these decisions when you find yourself at a loss. A wedding planner makes a great adviser when it comes to all things wedding-related, so you can be sure you'll always get an expert opinion on all of your concerns.
4. Stress reliever. Yes, there are close to a hundred things you need to think about when planning a wedding and it might seem a little overwhelming. However, if you have a wedding planner on your side, you can avoid all the stress and anxiety and focus on more important things -- like getting some much needed rest before the big day.
5. D-day jitter control. It's expected that you might get a little shaky and nervous on the big day and this could cause you to forget some parts of the program. Having a seasoned wedding planner on the sidelines will ensure that your wedding runs smoothly even when you start to feel those d-day jitters.
Staci C. Franklin is the owner and lead event planner for It's Your Day! Weddings and Special Events and author of The Organized Bride: 15 Step Guide for Planning A Stress Free Wedding Day. She is based in Memphis, Tennessee but travels throughout the Mid-South region to provide event planning services.