Why You Should Consider First Look Photos For Your Wedding Day
I absolutely love watching first look photo sessions. When this was taking place, I was standing just inside the door so they could have some privacy but his expression when he turned around to see her was priceless.
When I begin working with engaged couples one of the items that we delve into is the question around having first look photos and how it impacts the overall wedding day timeline. Some couples are all for it and others are vehemently against it, which is fine. However, I highly recommend doing first look sessions for a variety of reasons.
1. The two of you can have some alone time to just enjoy one another prior to the start of the ceremony and reception.
2. You have the ability to visit an alternate location beyond your ceremony/reception venue. The couple pictured here was on the rooftop of the Peabody Hotel here in Memphis but their wedding ceremony and reception was at the Old Dominick Distillery.
3. The session will allow you to get more photos than what you'd traditionally get if you wait until after the ceremony.
4. You'll be able to get to the reception quicker and be able to enjoy more time with your guests.
5. These sessions can help calm some of those wedding day nerves because you've already spent some time together.
What are your thoughts about first look photo sessions? Tell me what you think in the comments.
Staci C. Franklin is the owner and lead event planner for It's Your Day! Weddings and Special Events and author of The Organized Bride: 15 Step Guide for Planning A Stress Free Wedding Day. She is based in Memphis, Tennessee but travels throughout the Mid-South region to provide event planning services.